Hi, I just LOVE Owls so when I saw this new design from Wow Chipboard's I knew I had to have one, a lot of my Owls I have are male so I thought I would create a girly girly Owl, which I've been told is now for Milly's bedroom door.
I used: Owly LB044
1. Use pattern paper to cover the back of the Owl,
2. Paint the front Owl and eyes with a white pearl paint.
3. Glue the 2 parts together,
4. Add the eyes, I put some circle pieces of paper under the eyes first,
5. Put dimensional magic into the parts you want to cover with glitter, then sprinkle glitter,
6. Spray an old doily with Glimmer mist, dry, then cut in half and glue to the sides of the owl, (as photo)
7. Add some Kindy Glitz to the wings of the owl.
8. Find a place to put Owly on show.
Note: if you fold the doilies at the back of the Owl they sit up a little, also drying the Glimmer Mists with a heat gun makes the doily harden a little.
Next I have a layout Milly in the garden being cute, see knows how to use the camera lol!
I wanted to create a rusty look with the chipboard word and colour the branch.
I used: Flower Branch C195
1. Spray chipboard word and branch with Glimmer mist,
2. Put both of them through the Cuttlebug machine, I used script embossing folder,
3. Cover chipboard with embossing clear ink pad, then sprinkle puff embossing powder over the top,
4. Use a paint brush and brush off parts of the embossing powder,
5. Then use a heat gun to set the embossing powder,
6. Use a paint brush and dip it in an open bottle of Glimmer mists, then paint it onto the top of the puff embossing powder, I used pink for the flowers and green for the leaves and a little bit of all the colours on parts of the word.
7. When dry use an file on the raised parts of the word, for a distressed look.
8. Cover the word, the flowers and leaves of the branch in Dimensional magic, leave to dry.
9. When dry add bits of kindy Glitz to the flowers on the branch.