Monday, December 24, 2012

Scrapmatts DEC 12



Well this is the season!
And I can't believe it is so very close to Christmas and the new year!
And here are a few christmassy projects for you :)
First up:
 Tree of Joy



This is my take on on the new Chrissy tree design: CB7010 3D Christmas Tree 02



I have used liquid pearls and white gesso to colour the tree and stand. Then added some Twinklets as "snow".



and here I have added some pearls (from a broken kids necklace!), stickles, crystals and some micha flakes. You can also see the distressing I did by "waxing" my chippy with some double sided tape :)



And this is a closie of the star on top :) finished with a raspberry crystal.

The next project is an advent calender that I made for a friend who admired one in a scrapbooking mag:

Melissa Advent calender

I have added a few little Scrapmatts chippies to finish off this project.



Here I have used one of the stars from: CB5097 Hanging Stars 01 and have painted the backing star with gesso and then embossed the filagree and finished with stickled points and a gem center.


this is a closie of the one of the baubles that I embossed: CB1054 Christmas Ornaments 04

And finally here is a layout I completed, simple but fun to do!:

Party Animal

OUT for PUBLICATION!!

On this layout I have used: CB5021 Nested Shapes 07 stars (awesome value, it's a chippy that just keeps on giving!)

OUT for PUBLICATION!!


I have simply covered the stars with Dimensional Magic and then glitterized each in co-ordinating colours :)
Yep that simple!
Thanks for looking and I hope I have inspired you to get all creative with your Scrapmatts chippies over the holiday season!
LUV Renee

3 comments:

Nay and Gilly said...

Love the Christmas Trees and the Walt LO. Gilly oxo

Lauren T said...

Love the tree, the crystals look fantastic!

Emily D. said...

Gorgeous pieces of work!!