Friday, January 4, 2013

Starting off 2013


Hello everyone!
I hope that the Christmas and new year season has treated you well and that you have had a nice relaxing break! To kick off the new year I have been scrapping up a few pieces the first of which is:

Me and My House


I have used: CB1120 Wings 01CB1182 Snowflakes 05CB1026 Flowers 06 and CB5018 Nested Shapes 04.



Here is a closie of my layered cluster starting with the wings, which I have simply coated with white Jo Sonia gesso and layered on some really duck feathers from the lake at Springfield Lakes.

With the snowflake and the two sized flowers and have gone over them roughly with 3 different coloured liquid pearls and then layered them up using the Scrapmatts 3D gloss 15ml which is perfect as a glue as well as a finishing gloss.


And next up I have made myself a deal to try and go beyond the page this year so this is my first attempt at letting loose off the page:
 "Wings"


This project started with a really bad itch to create something using an old book and ended with my eldest daughter constantly singing this song "Wings" by Little Mix LOL!


A closie of Miss Wings herself. I have used the CB4008 Butterflies 01 and gone to town with the Stampendous embossing enamel, the shabby pink, silver and the green, then randomly added the Stampendous pink flake chip and the Ranger flakes.


Here I have used CB3003 Tags 01 and gessoed then embossed the edges and gently inked with the Tim Holtz daubers. I  painted  CB1015 Butterflies 15 with pink crackle paint and sprinkled on some micro beads and a touch of silver embossing powder before heating. I then cut it in half and hot glued it in place behind the tag.


Here is a closie of the tallest butterfly.


The last technique I have used on this project is on the beautiful CB1185 Christmas Ornaments 11 which I have used Stickles glitter glue. a pinky base with silver touches.



Here you can see then beautiful colours of the embossing enamel, that is one coat really quick and easy and looks fab!


Thanks for letting me share some new creations to start off 2013!
Luv Renee xoxo

1 comment:

Anne P said...

WOW, you have SERIOUSLY gone to town on these. They are fabulous and I love the fact you are starting to incorpoarate your new 'techniques' with some of the other Renee Style.

AWESOME.