Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My first Mad About Scrapin challenge layout


Hello! 
Hope you have a creative and happy start to this the month for sweet hearts :)
I am so very excited to share with you my first layout for Mad About Scrapin the February challenge!
Firstly here is the deets of the challenge: 
(AWESOME challenge!) And you can easily do an OTP, a card or a layout with this one!
Now here is my take on it:

I can be Strong


I have used various flowers as my embelly cluster and have done ink splats as my first technique and stenciling/masking (I have used ink not mist so I am going with stenciling ;) as my second tech.
And to finish it off I have used one of my fav colour combos - Baby blue, mustard and grey :)
Here's some closies:
I have wound the stems of the flowers around a pin to get the "curly" vine look and then hot glue gunned them in here and there.

and here you can see one of the ink splats which can be achieved thru a couple of different techniques, by either using a Dauber topped ink or loading up one of your finger daubers with ink refillers or paint and hitting it down hard onto the paper. (I highly recommend practicing this first before committing to your layout as I know I have been liable  for mistakes with this technique myself! but the end result is really cool :)

So peeps If you are feeling like there is a lack of mojo or scrappy direction why not give the February challenge ago? Not only will it give you a fab framework to start off your scrapping but you go in the draw to win a Mad about Scrapin voucher :)

Luv Renee
xoxox

2 comments:

Anne P said...

Just totally fabulous. This has worked really well and love your title.

Chloe said...

Beautiful page - such a stunning colour combo. Your techniques are so fun :-)